15.6.12

The God I See - Part I


Imagine this wall of worship. A place where all believers can go and do their thing. Worship it is.


I have a thing for churches. Cathedrals. Chapels. Catholics are common within Latin countries. Not my fault! Then here, up North - where the Vikings were spreading their magic - I encountered a somehow different approach. I started noticing that places of worship were not as gold as in Catholic churches. They were milder. Straight-forward (or backward…you never know when it comes to religion).

From outside, they do not certainly look like churches, but castles. Usually called stave churches. The tower is build in a strategic position and looks like it was used for defence. I wonder if they were fighting for their believes somewhere in history.

No comments: